Our HaloWars.com
Hey Guys!

So here we are, HaloWars.com has been shut down and Waypoint is, lets be honest, Shit!

But this site, OurHaloWars offers us a chance to stick together.
So, Jump into the action now by hitting the register tab below and I think we all know what to do from there!

Our HaloWars.com
Hey Guys!

So here we are, HaloWars.com has been shut down and Waypoint is, lets be honest, Shit!

But this site, OurHaloWars offers us a chance to stick together.
So, Jump into the action now by hitting the register tab below and I think we all know what to do from there!

Our HaloWars.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our HaloWars.com

Because Waypoint cut us off!

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
King
Crew Member
King

♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ Empty
PostSubject: ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦   ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:46 pm

I thought this was a really great guide that took a crazy amount of time to write up, so I decided to post it here before it dies along with the rest of HaloWars.com. If any of you remember any guides you have read, feel free to post those as well. I will polish this up when I have the time. Wink

It seems this is too big of a guide to paste into one post, so it will take up a few.

Halo Wars Guide: Anders
***ALL CREDIT GOES TO STUDMUFFIN***

Scouting

Scouting: Like most RTS games scouting is important but unlike most RTS games there are better faster ways to do it.

Sound: Because of when you delete or destroy anything just hearing an explosion can tell you a lot. If you hear an explosion one of two things happened, either he cleared a rebel base OR he got rid of a buildings and it is easy to tell which. To check for the rebel base one you can set a rally point in the rebel base, if it lets you set it there the base is clear or you can look at the rebel bases and if it’s on fire he cleared it. The building on his base can be checked by if you counter a unit and you hear an explosion he is most likely switching to a better suited unit to help deal with the units you have. Like when you get wolves to counter banshee’s if you hear a explosion he most likely switched to hunters and you should prepare accordingly

Rallying: like I said before you can set a rally point at a base and if you can set it there the base is clear, also for turrets to find out if you can harass and not take a risk just set a rally point on the turret spot if it sets there is no turret there

Pressing “A”: this is the fastest and best way to scout, if you think he may have switched to air press “A” over a factory/barracks or just everything and if it doesn’t say anything he made a different building there that needs to be scouted or you can use common sense as to what it is. If you want to know if he has a certain hook make sure to press “A” over the hook and it will say who controls it.

8 points: supply elevator

12 points: reactor hook

20 points: rebel base (40 total for EVERY kind of rebel base that it fully taken out)

This can used to your advantage in combo with other types of scouting, for example it is popular for some brutes to try and take both supply elevators, to check this check his points, 16 means he has both and isn’t uncommon for a brute to try and get away with I will explain a way to stop this later on in the guide.

1v1

About 1v1: 1v1 is my preferred game type because it is generally accepted to be the harder game type but also because it allows for a lot more builds and units to be used and is a lot less about executing a good build order and more about trying to maintain hook control with the right units with good micro.

Match-ups

About Match-ups: in every match-up whether you like it or not, one leader will have an advantage over other leaders on a certain map. It is important to note why you have the advantage and use it against that other leader, this will be lengthy as I will go through every leader vs. every leader on every map so to best make use of this part of the guide go only to parts that pertain to match-ups you are having trouble with

Reality check: In 1v1 Im not going to say anything is possible I will give a run down of what will happen in most cases on most maps almost always that if you don’t accept I don’t think you’ll get far. This is mainly for new players but if your facing cutter DO NOT expects ODST, hawks, grizzlies from the UNSC leaders, KILL THEM before they get those upgrades, if you cant you fail. Hooks can only help you never think that getting them will waste time (I used to think this when I was new). Most UNSC mirrors go like this. Hog battle-hook taking-tank battle (maybe hornets/cobras later on or instead of tanks) covie mirrors will go for either both leaders with there unique unit attacking each others base and a base race issues or they both Spam air at each other. Most UNSC Vs covie UNSC can almost only use infantry well vs. covie as a main part of your army and any unit can be used under certain circumstances and the covie will normally Spam air on release/tundra and on other maps as well but other maps also leave room for double hall or hall summit (most popular) anything is normally [WARNING] or just wont work or is used to mess around (ex: elephant rush).

Anders

Anders Vs. Forge (Release/Tundra): in the Match up of Anders Vs. forge on Release and Tundra Anders has the advantage because she can “go hogs better”. Which just means she gets gunner faster and has an easier time doing it because she wont have to delay any buildings or units. The bigger reason being gremlins. Gremlins let you win tank wars which is mostly what a UNSC mirror on this map is all about, going from hogs to tanks, but because you can make gremlins and tanks at the same time and the other UNSC can only make tanks you win by default (most the time) just because you have more sh! t then the other guy.

Early game consists of hog battles, a popular build on this map for going hogs as Anders Vs. Cutter is sp, sp, reactor, get gunner and upgrade pads while making more hogs. Why hogs? Hogs give map control and although there aren’t any hooks you needs hogs to defend and expand, expanding is an OPTION but not always what you’re aiming for.

For my own personal early game I NEVER stop making hogs at my main while clearing a base right away and upgrading pads when I get the money (and not queuing 2-3 hogs instead). The base will clear before all my pads are upgraded, THIS IS FINE. Wait for them to all upgrade THEN buy the base, once it is bought using the point scouting check to see if he also made another base. If so, attack it straight away so your base goes up and his doesn’t, just dance around the base hogs being the same speed he wont catch yours if you just go in circles around. Once the base is bought upgrade your main and one of two things are done, either go reactor on your main base as it is upgraded or go sp, then a reactor, you make a reactor first if your not sure you can defend the extra base because it allows earlier gremlins and gives you a back up plan, other wise get the reactor second and go sp, VD on your expansion and mass gremlins (double produce) and tanks (single pump) to get that army up because if he single based you WILL have a hard time defending so don’t upgrade the base till you start to win the battle for keeping your base up. Once the base is up your set and just make gremlins and tanks, get canister once the base upgrades by getting third tech.

Other more popular builds is to just single base, Just get enough hogs to defend and really try and get those pads upgraded, once upgraded upgrade your base and get tech 2, once you have tech 2 you must consider some things. Did you get tech 2 first? If so you go for tanks and gremlins, if not, consider gremlins and hornets because he started making tanks earlier hogs and tanks for a short time WILL beat gremlins tanks just because of grenadier damage and because numbers, so with hornets you can push him back and get an expansion up or just keep pushing or get tech 3, either of those outta hornets is viable. If you just go tanks and gremlins, that’s great! Now just do a trick with the gremlins that will make them auto-micro for you! This is faster and more effective, select only your gremlins and when you see his army press “Y” and then VERY quickly tell them to move somewhere, the gremlins should stun every unit at the same time and a different unit each. It’s very helpful and should always be used. If it gets to the point when you have an expansion and he doesn’t either double Spam tanks at him or you can go tanks and hornets if it isn’t working and it makes a good combo, if you both have an expansion consider the possibilities of cobras, though not used a lot on a map like tundra and release with only one way to and from your base they can be used to great effect, still make sure to have tanks and gremlins with them, they can help break stalemates.

Anders Vs. Cutter (Release/Tundra): In The match-up Anders Vs. Cutter on Release or Tundra Anders most defiantly has the advantage. She will have for the most part the same economy as cutter but because Anders “can go hogs better” which just means faster gunner and no delays in buildings/upgrading along with gremlins which helps win tanks wars which is mostly what happens early game is hogs vs. hogs and then tanks vs. tanks. But because Anders has the gremlin and can make tanks at the same time with little to no delay she will win by default (most the time) just because she has more sh!t then the other guy.

Early game consists of hog battles, a popular build on this map for going hogs as Anders Vs. Forge is sp, sp, reactor, get gunner and upgrade pads while making more hogs. Why hogs? Hogs give map control and although there aren’t any hooks you needs hogs to defend and expand, expanding is an OPTION but not always what you’re aiming for.

For my own personal early game I NEVER stop making hogs at my main while clearing a base right away and upgrading pads when I get the money (and not queuing 2-3 hogs instead). The base will clear before all my pads are upgraded, THIS IS FINE. Wait for them to all upgrade THEN buy the base, once it is bought using the point scouting check to see if he also made another base. If so, attack it straight away so your base goes up and his doesn’t, just dance around the base hogs being the same speed he wont catch yours if you just go in circles around. Once the base is bought upgrade your main and one of two things are done, either go reactor on your main base as it is upgraded or go sp, then a reactor, you make a reactor first if your not sure you can defend the extra base because it allows earlier gremlins and gives you a back up plan, other wise get the reactor second and go sp, VD on your expansion and mass gremlins (double produce) and tanks (single pump) to get that army up because if he single based you WILL have a hard time defending so don’t upgrade the base till you start to win the battle for keeping your base up. Once the base is up your set and just make gremlins and tanks, get canister once the base upgrades by getting third tech.

Other more popular builds is to just single base, Just get enough hogs to defend and really try and get those pads upgraded, once upgraded upgrade your base and get tech 2, once you have tech 2 you must consider some things. Did you get tech 2 first? If so you go for tanks and gremlins, if not, consider gremlins and hornets because he started making tanks earlier hogs and tanks for a short time WILL beat gremlins tanks just because of grenadier damage and because numbers, so with hornets you can push him back and get an expansion up or just keep pushing or get tech 3, either of those outta hornets is viable. If you just go tanks and gremlins, that’s great! Now just do a trick with the gremlins that will make them auto-micro for you! This is faster and more effective, select only your gremlins and when you see his army press “Y” and then VERY quickly tell them to move somewhere, the gremlins should stun every unit at the same time and a different unit each. It’s very helpful and should always be used. If it gets to the point when you have an expansion and he doesn’t either double Spam tanks at him or you can go tanks and hornets if it isn’t working and it makes a good combo, if you both have an expansion consider the possibilities of cobras, though not used a lot on a map like tundra and release with only one way to and from your base they can be used to great effect, still make sure to have tanks and gremlins with them, they can help break stalemates.

Anders Vs. Anders (Release/Tundra): This match-up can be tricky is mostly about micro, Like all the UNSC mirrors it is about hogs early game and then going tanks and gremlins, but because the other anders player can also go gremlins it can sometimes turn into who can get canister first and get away with it or who can expand and get away with it or just as simple as who has the better micro. Like the UNSC mirrors always are the build order is almost always SP, SP, reactor. After that it is really up to you and very situational.

Personally I like to never stop making hogs and upgrading pads at the same time (try to not queue up more then 1 hog at a time). Killing a base will take less time then upgrading all your pads so make sure to wait till ALL the pads are upgraded then buy it, the hogs are to make sure you can keep the base, once the enemy uses point scouting to see what your up to he WILL try and stop you mid-way and after it’s bought so the hogs will help A LOT especially when he stops making hogs to get tech 2. Once you can buy the base and single pump tanks with double produce gremlins to defend it. They will always be trying to try and take the base out. Gremlins will be what really helps you hold the base, to make your gremlins auto-micro and gives you a better chance first select all your gremlins, when you see his tanks press “Y” over one unit and then VERY quickly move away and the gremlins at the same time will stun a different unit each, a very fast and effective way to use your gremlins. Once you start to push his attack back upgrade your base and get canister then gremlins plus canister tanks will beat him, if for some reason it doesn’t, double produce tanks or go hornets tanks. Once he also expands and your both throwing tanks at each other getting cobras can be a good idea but don’t get more then three. Spartans are for VERY late game don’t try and go straight Spartan tanks.

Alternatively and more commonly both players single base and it comes down to who has the better micro, in which case get tech 2 as fast as you can and get only enough hogs to defend, as soon as you get tech 2 make gremlins and get a VD, once the VD is up get tanks and gremlins and when you run into the other army stun the other tanks or at least try to because tanks do more damage then tanks so stunning them is more helpful. If the other guy cryo your army cryo his right after to make it invalid, for this reason cryo bomb is more for stopping air and why I don’t suggest hornets in a anders mirror unless your behind in tanks and it’s your only shot, just be sure to dodge the cryo bomb and use this time you have pushed him back to get tech 3 and a VD for canister with canister you will be back into the game.

Anders Vs. Brute (Release/Tundra): A very annoying match-up was personally I gives the advantage to the brute. There are two things you have to worry about and neither is easy to stop.

1.) The Brute gets two turrets and brutes and brute rushes, this can be hard to stop without turrets

2.) Another popular thing for brute to do is go for double summit or wraith banshee combo

For some better advice that is very good from a great Anders player (better then me) here is a old post by buster for what he does…

Release 2 options.

SP,SP,R,SP,SP.R AP.

Go grenadier hogs and hornets. Don't bother with too much early hog harassment, if you lose a single hog it's not worth it.

force him to put up 2 turrets, delay his brute harassment, building flamers set's you too far back. maybe build a turret if you feel the need.

Get a grenadier at 5/6 hogs, 6 is best, 5 if you've lost a hog/a few. once you have 2 honrets and grenadier attack his base NON-STOP. you have high building damage, you have fast units, and wraiths can't catch hogs behind bases too easily.

Option 2

SP,SP,R,SP,SP/(B?) R,VD .... ADV later.

only build 3 gunner hogs, go high eco, build a barrcks if you need one, if you save money on hogs, and force 2 turrets, you should be able to get a fast tanks out. then save money for an advanced reactor either straight away, or after 1/2 more tanks, then make wolverines, and tanks unupgraded. you'll have extra money coming thru, tech gauss, then start building them along with only tanks, then get canister. move to his base with canister+ gauss, defend yours with wolverines (2 is enough, next hogs + VD units will stop any number of banshees)

/QUOTE
Hope that helps but I will also say what I am more used to doing. The current most used and popular strat OVERALL (it’s not a build order more of a plan on how to go about winning this match-up.) Is to turtle tech 3 and get gauss (to beat banshee’s and for building damage and speed, and hornets (to beat wraiths help vs. banshees along with making switching to hunters a bad idea, any vampires the covie makes will die to gauss to quickly). To accomplish this either follow the above quote or do what I do, which what I do is not a very good way and pretty luck based almost because I do have a hard time with this match-up but I like to go sp, sp, sp, reactor and get two back turrets then just get hogs and upgrade pads. I don’t get a reactor second or third because I don’t plan on attacking I plan on TURTLING, third turret can be necessary but only if you see them start to attack just stat making any turrets you can get away with. If he rushes with brutes you need to think of your options, you either counter attack with 7-10 hogs with grenadier or you try to fend it off, try to pull off the counter attack, if you cant just try and kill brutes farthest from the brute and if he really starts to get a lot of brutes just toss a D-bomb and ram the brutes, the turrets will make him go away for good and if he doesn’t counter attack or if he is REALLY low health ram the brute and get gauss.

If he trys to boom to wraiths and banshee’s, you DO NOT attack first! Wait by his base with your army (outta the path he will likely take but close to his base) and when he attacks with wraiths and banshee’s attack at the same time and Drop a D-bomb. Kill the front turrets and then aim for the main base, you will drop his base MUCH faster then he drops yours, now when you kill his base don’t go back and defend just rebuild at his base and when your base does die he will most likely have timed out or try to rebuild, if he rebuilds because you have hornets you jut kill his base and not let it go up. He won’t have enough money to stop you. Try and cryo the banshee’s while doing this base race as it will likely be your only chance to try to, make sure you sell all your buildings when your base goes down.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD1J8g6CcAs

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rfaRAGNzwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTYAH7OMxM0&feature=channel

Anders Vs. Arby (Release/Tundra): I would have to give the advantage to arby, he is hard to deal with and get off your base and if he just sits back he can take out a lot of things and really drag out the game because if you kill the arby you have one minute to kill the temple or he will be out again and if you used a D-bomb to kill him it can be frustrating. He can also chain all your hogs and kill them all.

Generally it’s like facing brute except without turrets, a good way to try and win early is to get quick grenadier and just get less hogs and drop a D-bomb and kill his temple and blessed warehouses, then run away before the D-bomb goes away and you’ll be far enough ahead to get canister and gauss which is what you really need to deal with arby. To get to this just go the standard “sp, sp, reactor” and upgrade your pads while making hogs. Once you upgrade your base stop making hogs and go straight for gauss and canister tanks, get turrets if he has a lot of air, also if he trys stopping you by harassing just go to his base, to prevent from getting chained set one hog near the teleporter and the rest out of rage range of the isolated hog, once arby comes back he will rage that other hog this gives you time to react, now just run way, if he does happen to catch some of your hogs split them up, half one way half the other, if only some are behind just send the last 2 behind, it sucks but it’s better then losing all of them. Try and hold out till you can get enough canister to kill arby (hopefully with gauss) or try and get an expansion and get the wolves tank combo (hard to pull off) if you cant you will lose and I can’t give much else for advice sadly. Mainly try and make the most use outta your hogs as you can and use the D-bomb wisely with the goal of gauss and canister in mind (you don’t need both if arby goes hunters, just make sure to go hogs with your tanks even if you don’t have gauss).

Anders Vs. POR (Release/Tundra): though anders does in have an advantage on this map NEVER count the POR out, a good POR can pull off these kind of wins or at least put up one hell of a fight, that aside Anders does have the advantage, the POR is slow and has to get blessed and 1-2 turrets just to move out. He is also slow, he cant stand up to a go amount of hogs either making him unable to do anything without two turrets a upgrade and a wraith/hunter or 2 as escort.

On a big map like Release or tundra you can really exploit his slow speed, unlike against arby/brute you wont turtle you will be aggressive and gain map control and be able to build up what should be very easily. The way I handle the POR is the build: sp, reactor, sp. With the early reactor get gunner and head over so that it’s timed that you get gunner AS you reach the base, if he has a turret go to the side that doesn’t, just try and micro your hogs, only watch out for beam, once the POR gets blessed (which he will) to make you move out, start to run away (make sure to have been building a lot of hogs while doing this) expand, POR wont have citadel to make units to stop you and you will have enough hogs to make POR recall without units near him. That’s best-case scenario though. A good POR can make you leave with you doing most the time nothing except a delayed warehouse. Because of this he will either try or go wraiths to stop your base. For this reason have a lone hog in the middle to look for POR, if you see him alone stop him. The best way to micro and kill a POR/make him recalls is to drive all the way by then again and again. The POR wont get many shots off making him recall. Make sure you have scouted, if he goes wraiths to help him stop you he wont have a lot, so get a barracks first and keep making SP’s on it afterward (the more buildings the stronger a base), once the barracks is up get Spartans (you should also get grenadier by now) bring the warthogs to the back of the wraith to block it from running from the Spartan, even if you don’t jack anything it buys time for more hogs and a stronger base through more buildings. Also if you do jack one his attack will fail easily. Once he is pushed back go in for the kill with hogs. If it fails to work then get gauss and just keep pushing. If you really are outmatched to take out his army of hunters/wraiths then get all your hogs near his base outta site and when he attacks you attack him. You have more building damage and he cant get back before he loses all his warehouses/base and if he doesn’t go back you have two bases and more building damage so you will win.

Another way to go about it is like with facing arby. Single base, make lots of hogs early while upgrading pads and when you upgrade your base stop with hogs and get tech 2 and try and win with a push from grenadier hornet combo. If you see it isn’t working as well as you thought then stop making units and keep him at his base as long as possible to get tech 3 and get gauss and wingmen and just keep trying to win through either a base race with building damage or through just sheer power. To best make use of your hornets just have them stand still as they stop shooting when moving so only select hogs and move them while the hornets just provide support. It works well, if the POR gets vamps, cryo them and then move in to finish them off leaving him unable to deal with your hornets making you win.

Back to top Go down
King
Crew Member
King

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦   ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Anders Vs. Forge (Blood gulch): Neither side has a REAL advantage but if it favored either leader it would be anders because she can “go hogs better” which just means no delay in buildings and quicker gunner. A good build for this map is Sp, Reactor, and Barracks. A weird build if you haven’t tried it but it works because the early barracks allows for getting hooks early, forge will be trying to do the same thing but because his eco is different he has to get his hooks with hogs later or he just wont have as many hogs. To take advantage of his lack of hogs I like to go SP, reactor and barracks. And when the reactor is finished you should get gunner for your 4 gunner hogs, Keep making hogs, when your barracks is up get two marines, send one to the supply elevator (also the hogs should be able to clear the rebels easy and should be the first thing you do with your hogs) once it is clear send your first marine to the elevator. Once the second marine is out send it through the teleporter and all your hogs to HIS reactor. He won’t have as many hogs; you should get there when he does to clear his reactor. Ram his hogs and kill them and when the marine is through the teleporter put it in the reactor, now because you only made hogs besides the marines you should have 2-3 upgraded warehouses. Get one more marine and clear your own reactor hook then send them right back to his reactor to prevent him from grabbing it back (stick near the marine in his reactor it will make it easier to defend). Now you have both reactors and a upgraded base, get a VD and start making gremlins. Once the VD is up get canister. Now normally after getting canister a forge will take his hook back. But if he doesn’t then get another reactor after your VD to get power turret. Once you have power turret get rid of your extra reactor and double pump tanks. From this point it’s really up to you.

A alternative way is to just go for your own reactor (A very safe way to go about this match-up) and camp both your own hooks, get gremlins and when you are building your VD get two flamers and send them through the teleporter to grab his reactor long enough to get canister, if you cant grab it don’t panic just get regular tanks with gremlins, because you will have extra money get Spartans for your tanks. Now when you have a good size army (two tanks and three gremlins or something along those lines) buy one marine and send it through the teleporter while your main army drives over and take his marine outta the hook and get canister before he takes his hook back. If he is already there to best make use of your gremlins make them “auto micro” to do this select all your gremlins and press “y” on one unit and then VERY quickly move away. Your gremlins should have each stunned a different tank at the same time by themselves. If you cant get the reactor the second time he will probably have canister so buy a second reactor on your base and get canister that way but chances are you are losing then. But if you want to keep fighting stay at your base and use your defenders advantage and stick to the side of your base and try and push him back. It’s easier to defend at your base because his tanks will use most there shots at buildings instead you also get a free stun with ALL your gremlins along with the first canister. Meaning once he canisters afterward he has less tanks.

There are also other ways besides tanks, you can get chain amp gremlins and wingmen hornets (or just focusing lens gremlins) and do it that way just make sure he doesn’t see your hornets till your ready to attack and try to at least hold ONE reactor so he cant get wolves. Spartans to jack with your gremlins isn’t a bad idea either.

(note: for the most part I don’t suggest hornets as they are countered to easily and to well by wolves and with a free reactor he can get wolves rather easily and he doesn’t need many of them)

Anders Vs. Cutter (Blood Gulch): This is a great match-up it’s a very fair match-up as well but you can pull ahead if you know what your doing (no matter what it should be a fairly hard match-up to win). There are to possible outcomes for what a cutter will do early game. To find out which one he is doing is easy and both are handled differently. The build for this map is Sp, Reactor, and barracks. This allows you to get your hooks early and also you are able to keep making hogs. But at the very start send your first hog to the back to get resources, at the 30-second mark send it through the teleporter and then to his base. There are two things your looking for…

1.) Elephant: a elephant isn’t a uncommon way to go besides hogs on this map. A elephant is built at around 40-45 seconds, if you either see a hog come out of his base or you see nothing at those times means he is going hogs and the rest of what im about to type wont matter. But if he does make a elephant he will use it to get his supply elevator, to counter this you can either just let him use it as a way to get hooks and you use your hogs to get hooks to get hooks and try to out build him. But what I prefer is a earlier way to win, keep making hogs and send it over to his supply elevator (don’t kill the rebels) just keep microing around his elephant (try to stay in range to see marines come out but not get shot) your aim isn’t to kill the elephant but to stop any marines or infantry from coming out of it REALLY try and keep a marine outta the sniper tower. Once you have your barracks up un-queue any hogs building and make a Spartan, once the Spartan is out pelican it over to his elephant if you stopped his infantry you can jack the elephant, now you can get hooks and he cant, now send any left-over hogs to his base to kill marines coming out of his main base and stop buildings. Now use his own elephant to grab hooks. You shouldn’t lose at this point its really just common sense how to go about it afterward.

2.) If the cutter goes for hogs then it might be a little harder or little easier (I think it’s harder IMO). If he does go hogs, then once your barrack is up make sure you make two marines and send one to your supply elevator and one to your reactor hook (clear both hooks from rebels with your hogs. Once you have both your hooks just upgrade your pads and once you upgrade your base get a VD and two flamers. Use the two flamers by sending them through the teleporter and take his reactor hook (send your hogs with) and once you grab his reactor hook get canister and just Spam gremlins and canister tanks with Spartans if you have enough money (Spartans should be in your own tanks). If you aren’t able to get canister then just get regular tanks with Spartans in them and get one marine. Once you get about 2-3 tanks with gremlins try and take his reactor hook again by killing the marine with your tanks and gremlins and send your marine through the teleporter. Once you have it get canister then. If he attacks you while your doing this then make your gremlins “auto micro”. To do this select all your gremlins and press “y” on one tank, then VERY quickly move away and your gremlins should stun a different tank each at the same time giving you a huge advantage in tank fights. If you manage to keep his reactor hook get another reactor on your main and get power turret.

Again just like against a forge player you Can go hornets but they are countered two easily and shouldn’t even be bothered with unless with wingmen, if you do go hornets then hide them till your ready to attack. Try and get chain amp and get Spartans (outside of hornets or gremlins) to try and jack some tanks. It can work but it’s hard to pull off and not worth it unless you’re very far behind tank wise in which case you will most likely lose anyway.

Anders Vs. Anders (blood gulch): This is a fair match-up because it’s a mirror match. In this match it is normally about whom can either win a early hog fight or just who has the best map control, the build order is sp, reactor, and barracks. This is so you can get the hooks early. Make sure to get as many crates as you can and get 4 gunner hogs and then keep making hogs. Once the barracks is up make two marines and send one to your reactor and one to your supply elevator 9both cleared of rebels by your hogs). Once you have grabbed both your hooks just camp your hogs at the reactor hook (the one he will try and snag by using the teleporter and just ram any infantry coming through (stay near your marine in the reactor to make things easier. Once you have both your hooks just upgrade your pads and then upgrade your base. When your base is upgrading make two flamers and sends them through the teleporter and goes VD on your base when it is upgraded and once you have his reactor get canister and Spam canister tanks and gremlins. If you are able to stop him from grabbing his own reactor hook then your in good shape, get another reactor on your main and get power turret and let him have it back if he trys to fight farther for it and once power turret is done attack. If you can’t get power turret just make sure you Spam canister tanks and gremlins. To gain an edge in battle just makes your gremlins auto-micro, to do this select all your gremlins and press “y” over a tank, Afterwards move VERY quickly and your gremlins should stun a different tank each and at the same time. Giving you time to kill his gremlins before they can stun and just overall a fast and effective way to do it.

Spartans are a good thing to get so getting Spartan tanks is a good idea but only when you have the spare resources. To best maintain map control send two flamers through a teleporter to get the reactor, pelican one flamer and one marine to a supply elevator to get his, to get yours just send your army and one marine. To grab your reactor attack his base and when he comes back take your reactor back with a marine and flamer.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NhdpLb_QGg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1D5PXvYwcg

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmT-tNFZPI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caY-PqLahHw

Anders Vs. Brute (blood gulch): This match-up is hard for the most part but it is also a fair match-up you just need to know what you’re doing. To win this match-up only get three gunner hogs instead of 4. The reason is because you aren’t going very hog heavy, I have tried it before and it just doesn’t work. You are much better off just trying to get a lot of quick flamer and attacking where the chieftain isn’t. In this match-up the build is sp, reactor, barracks, only three gunner hogs. Once you have the three hogs there are some things brutes will normally try and get away with and that are very effective if you don’t know how to deal with it.

1.) If brutes trys grabbing both hooks early you will be able to tell through using points, if he has more then 8 points early on he went for both and also you can tell by a puff of smoke from the vortex brutes vortex the sniper almost always so if you see a puff of smoke he went for it. This makes it so you cant go for your own supply hook. At least not right away. You must try and keep away from the brute unless you have a sizeable force, which you just don’t have when he trys taking both hooks vortex is to, strong. You can also press “A” over the supply elevator to tell he has it. Anyway so if you see that’s what he is doing send your hogs to his base and ram his brute going up to his elevator (if you go half way up the ramp to his elevator he didn’t go for both just yours) after ramming the brute just stop any new buildings and buy one flamer and one marine, once you have one flamer and one marine send on hog to his elevator and pelican them there. Get flsahbang now and continue to harass. Once flsahbang is done upgrade pads and just keep making flamers, once he recalls run your hogs away and clear your reactor hook and send ALL your flamers to your supply elevator, now you have both supply elevators. Now when your hogs clear the reactor buy a marine and put it in your reactor and upgrade your base and get more flamers, get a VD and send some more flamers through the teleporter to get his reactor. Get napalm once you have tech 2. The brute will react by trying to get his own supply elevator back right away once you have taken yours back. To deal with this just before your marine dies pelican over your flamers at the supply elevator (if you have more then 6 only pelican 6). His brute wont is there by the time your flamers arrive. As your last building after the VD get a field armory and get adrenalin.

Start making tanks and if you have his reactor hook (which you should) get canister and oxide. Now just keep making oxide and canister tanks, if he goes air make another reactor over your field armory (even if you have tech 3) and make 1-2 wolves, if he goes hunters (most will) oxide will EASILLY deal with them, if he goes wraiths he wont have enough, if he does have a good amount just kill them with your tanks and have your flamers attack his buildings, he cant stop your flamers without stopping attacking your tanks so even if he does push you back he cant rebuild. If he trys to take any new hooks just always send a pelican over right before you lose sight and you’ll get it back.

2.) If he doesn’t try and go for both your hooks it isn’t as hard. You still go barracks third and three gunner hogs. Now get 2 marines and one flamer when your barrack is up, send one marine to your supply elevator and the other two keep outside your base. Send two hogs to clear the rebels at the reactor on your side and one to his supply elevator and pelican the marine and flamer over, now you will have both supply elevators. Make another marine and put it in your reactor and upgrade pad’s, once your pads are upgraded upgrade your base and get napalm and like always the key is just to pelican flamers over before losing site to hooks you have. If a chief is at a certain hook like camping your supply elevator then ignore that hook and take every other hook (including his own supply elevator) and once you get canister move in or once he trys to grab his reactor move in and take it. Take hooks where the brute chieftain isn’t is the key. Go canister and oxide and get adrenaline from a field armory as your last building. You should win because most brutes will go double hall. If he goes air your still fine cryo and use your tanks or wolves if he double pumps banshee’s (you only need 1-2). If he gets wraiths when you attack have your tanks take out the wraiths and your flamers attack the buildings so if he fends you off he wont recover while you will.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe6lJDhZwHo

Anders Vs. Arby (blood gulch): This is a big advantage to anders because arby cant attack units in hooks forcing him to go jackals so tanks and flamers are very effective both waste his money and he cant deal with tanks with anything other then arby. Go sp, reactor, barracks, and get three gunner hogs. Clear your supply elevator and your reactor hook and when your barrack is up buy two marines and one flamer. Send one marine to your supply; elevator and the other two infantry are going to be pelican to his supply elevator. Get one more marine and then upgrade pads, send this extra marine to your reactor and now get flashbang. Once your pads are upgraded upgrade your base and get two flamers and send them through the teleporter to grab his reactor hook. Once you have it you should get a VD on your upgraded base and get canister and napalm then oxide tank. Your last building is a field armory that will get adrenaline. Once you have canister and oxide and a good amount go down the side of the hooks you have less of (say you have his reactor and your supply elevator take the other side to get to his base) and get the hooks and then when you attack throw a D-bomb and canister the arby and use the flamers to kill any infantry, if he went air it will be obvious in which case just get wolves with your army (1-2). If he went wraiths…he isn’t good and he wont have enough wraiths to kill your tanks. It will be GG. There isn’t much arby can do really.

Anders Vs. POR (blood gulch): The advantage goes to Anders. She has overall just better hook control with POR being one of the slowest units in the game and hogs being one of the fastest. In this match-up you will keep making hogs unlike against Brute or Arby. Go SP, reactor, sp, barracks. The reason for the later barracks is you don’t need it up that early because your hogs wont clear the rebels as fast because you will want to harass with your hogs (4 gunner hogs). So once the reactor is up get gunner and try to time it so you get to the POR’s base when gunner is researched and keep him at his base as long as you can and keep making hogs and upgrading pads. You should be able to tie him up for a good amount of time. When your barracks is up 3 marines and one flamer. Send one marine to your elevator and one to your reactor and the other two pelican to the POR’s elevator and upgrade your base now. The POR should have you outta his base by now so clear your reactor hook and supply elevator while the pelican goes over and once you have the reactor get a VD and get grenadier. Now get one more marine. He will go to get his supply elevator back so you can grab his reactor without worry clear the rebels with your hogs and with tech 3 get gauss and canister and this combo will be able to win you the game. Just attack once you get a decent army (2-3 tanks and around 6-8 hogs). If you attack and see some hunters just ram them and use the “canister glitch” this is a dirty trick but I use it anyway. Select all your tanks (enough to kill a hunter just with canister instantly) and press “y” then VERY quickly move. If the hunter died from the canister you get your canister back and keep doing this. It also works on shields (ex: shielded bases, wraiths, just do it right before there shield is gone).

You can also go for hornets as well but it is not suggested because all the POR needs is the reactor hook to get vamps and it isn’t hard. If the POR gets wraiths/banshee’s cryo the banshee’s (if you can) and canister glitch the wraiths/just kill them. Gauss and tanks own both wraiths and banshees.

Once you get grenadier be sure to keep taking out turrets if he only has one at a corner, this is to prevent him from getting early units to stop your VD and such and just overall keep the POR at his base. Even while going gauss and canister still just get flashbang and napalm (not right away but when you can). As anders it’s cheap and worth it as hunters can easily overwhelm you and you will want flamers so not needing to tech them is very helpful and has saved me in some games before.

Back to top Go down
King
Crew Member
King

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦   ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Anders Vs. Forge (Chasms): Advantage doesn’t really go to either player; this is also a good map for marines and cobras to shine. They can both be used to great effect on this map. With that being said cobras and marines shouldn’t be what you aim for but as a option to keep in mind and use if certain situations arise.

On this map like most hooks maps the build is SP, reactor, barracks. A alternative build is sp, reactor, sp, barracks. I op for the second one most the time as I find that your hogs often fought a lot in the early stages and forge will have to go reactor third anyway so you can try and pick off his hogs before they have gunner and never need to delay your hogs with the other one. Anyway, there is a lot of action early game on this map and it can be hard to grab your hook with point scouting he can tell when your trying to clear it and can sandwich you between rebels and his hogs. To prevent this have your hogs clear the hook after fighting his hogs and getting gunner by going to the back and picking them off in a corner so you aren’t sandwiched and your hogs wont take much if any damage from the rebels, also just send your marine to the middle to tank some damage after some/most of the rebels die. After getting your hook stop making hogs and upgrade all your pads and your base, then get tech 2 and here comes the choice. Forges eco really makes it hard to get tech 2 before forge so hornets are an option and not a bad one if he gets tech 2 before you. What happens next is all about who gets tech 2 first, if he got it first then go hornets or tech 3 for cobras, it’s about the same or you get it first then go for a VD and get gremlins with one/two Spartans and as soon as your first tank is out push out, I suggest to make it so you get there faster and not have a Spartan slow down your army keep the Spartan in a watch tower in the middle. Now once there his tank will be out when your is/yours will be first so stun and jack his first tank and there isn’t much he can do about it. Make sure to have everything focus on killing the hogs trying to stop you from jacking his tank. If the forge got front turrets then doesn’t go for this Spartan push, instead get tech 3 and canister and then just attack with Spartan canister tanks and gremlins. You should easily win just watch out for a carpet bomb. To help win the tank war make your gremlins “auto-micro” to do this select only all your gremlins the pres “y” on a tank and afterward VERY quickly move and each gremlin should stun a different unit at the same time giving you a large advantage.

I also don’t suggest trying to attack each other’s supply elevators, in UNSC mirrors on this map it isn’t worth it generally nor does it work because of how close the base is to the hook.

Anders Vs. cutter (Chasms): in this match-up some cutter like to go for an elephant, if that is the case you can check collecting one node of resources then going to the front of his base, if a elephant pops out at then 40- 45 seconds then…

…Not going to lie don’t run into it often but things to try are camping the elephant and killing any marines coming out of it when it trys taking the hook and bringing over a Spartan to either jack it or just do it long enough that it dies to the combined power of the rebels and your hogs. Then harass with your hogs while getting tech 2 and upgraded pads. If you kill/jack the elephant you will basically win. Other ways to try and deal with it is to just harass his base and clear your own hook with just three marines (one in each tower) and just upgrade pads and get tech 2, because he shouldn’t be able to get up a turret easily and will lose a lot of money and building time you should be able to win. If he trys bringing his elephant back as a mobile turret pelican a Spartan over and he cant stop you from jacking the elephant almost no matter what.

The more common thing for a cutter to do is just go for hogs like anders. If this is the case then the build is SP, reactor and barracks. There is a lot of action early game on this map and it can be hard to grab your hook with point scouting he can tell when your trying to clear it and can sandwich you between rebels and his hogs. To prevent this have your hogs clear the hook after fighting his hogs and getting gunner by going to the back and picking them off in a corner so you aren’t sandwiched and your hogs wont take much if any damage from the rebels, also just send your marine to the middle to tank some damage after some/most of the rebels die. After getting your hook stop making hogs and upgrade all your pads and your base, then get tech 2 and here comes the choice. You will find that most cutters for hornets or cobras. If he goes cobras then more infantry then anything, get Spartans and flashbang flamers with gremlins, stun jack cobras and use flamers to stop his own flamers/marines. Most cutters will have Spartans in them though if this is the case then start getting RPG and go for gremlins+RPG marines with SOME tanks (you don’t need to keep making them constantly mainly get a lot of marines they own cobras very fast). If he goes hornets just attack early with tanks and gremlins and cryo his hornets and take out his air pad. Make sure to research RPG on your marines while attacking in case things go wrong you will want anti air and marines work nicely. If he just goes straight up tanks you will win because of gremlins and a helpful tip is to auto-micro your gremlins. To do this select only all your gremlins the press “y” over a tank and right after move VERY quickly and your gremlins should stun different tank each and at the same time making it a effective way to use gremlins and gives you a great advantage.

Anders Vs. Anders (chasms): this is indeed a very annoying match-up were a lot of things can happen. Also a bad match-up of mine but the way I normally deal with it is like with against forge. I try to win early with a Spartan, tank, and gremlin push. But for the beginning of the game because of the normal early game hog battles I like to go SP, reactor, SP, barracks. I go for a later barracks then third to make sure my hogs aren’t delayed. Winning the hog lead can easily win you the game on this map. Anyway go for four gunner hogs and just keep making the warthogs. Now like I said the small map leads to a lot of hog battles. If you happen to “win” a hog battle then keep making hogs and stop buildings or just camp the front while attacking a pad and ram any hogs he makes outta his base so he cant get back in the game without turrets and more hogs. While doing this just upgrade your pads and as soon as he gets a turret and chases you out don’t waste your hogs let him chase you out and now clear your hook with hogs and put a marine in your hook. Now upgrade your base, get tech 2 and buy a VD while not getting gremlins, save all your money and when the VD is up upgrade a reactor and get canister shell and get gremlins along with one Spartan (you can afford a Spartan. You get canister to insure the win.

If you don’t win the battle or it just was a mutual loss of hogs then clear your hook and get a marine. Almost everyone using point scouting will try and stop you and sandwich your hogs between his hogs and the rebels. To prevent this simply take your hogs to the back and kill the rebels from the corner in the back so he cant sandwich you and if he trys stopping you will get the raw end of the deal having to go through the rebels. He goes to the back then brings your hogs next to the marine hogs; a marine will beat only hogs. Once you clear your hook stop making hogs and upgrade your base and get tech 2. Now is a choice. If the other Anders got tech 2 before you then consider hornets, (or just keep going tanks gremlins if you have most your hogs in tack). If you got tech 2 quicker on the other hand then get a gremlin as soon as you have tech 2 and pump gremlins and get a VD. Once the VD is up buy a tank and one Spartan, when the Spartan is done send him to the middle sniper tower and wait. Once your first tank is out because you have tech 2 first means that you will have your tank out first and have time to o to his base. Go straight to his base when your tank is done with your gremlins and Spartan. His tank should come out as you get there. Now stun and jack his tank and if you do jack his tank you basically win. If you don’t because he had to focus fire the Spartan while you just shot his tanks and warthogs you will win the tank war. If he has two front turrets or two back turrets then consider going for cobras and RPG marines. Once you have three cobras park them outside his base and keep making marines and cobras. Cobras are a good option on chasms. They also outrange the turrets.

(Note: chasms is a map were your base is literally right next to the hook and because of this is it is almost never worth it to try and take his hook. Even once you have tanks and such is generally a better idea to just let his hook in peace unless you can get it early on.)

Anders Vs Brute/arby (chasms): The advantage hands down goes to brute, his vortex is very powerful on this map and he can camp your lift and with two supply elevators he can build up while vortexing any amount of infantry you can come up with and the chopper is very annoying and can actually play a large rule with it’s ram going after your hogs and marines/flamers. There are different ways to go about it but my own personal favorite is the double barracks build. There are different variations to how to do this I will go over my mine in detail and the others I will let you try out on your own.

Mine: sp, barracks, the rest sp’s till later

Others: barracks, turret the rest SP’s. OR SP, barracks, turret, the rest sp’s.

The idea behind having a turret is to help when just straight up brute rushed but I don’t think it’s needed you just need to continually and never stop making flamers.

Anyway with barracks second is up get 4 marines and then just never stop making flamers. The reason for the four marines is because a chopper WILL try and ram your marines (every time a chopper tries try and throw a grenade at it). So with the fourth marine you will have three marines in good health in the sniper towers. You also want a marine in each tower because if you don’t then the brute can put a brute squad in a sniper tower and vortex any flamers trying to stop him. So once you have four marines send them all to the elevator and send one marine to each tower. Now let your infantry coming in deal with anything else. If you see the brute get near the marines so that three marines in the towers and flamers are trying to stop him. You will lose a lot of flamers trying to keep this hook but it’s ok just never stop making them. Once you have secured your hook get the crates and keep one flamer queued so that when you get the money you upgrade your base and buy another barracks, then a reactor. After getting your hook get about ten flamers and head to his hook. When the second barracks is up just make more and more flamers from each barracks. Once the reactor is up get flashbang but anyway once at the brutes hook his chief will be there with not a lot of units (maybe some jackals and brutes.) anyway throw a D-bomb down and secure HIS supply elevator with your flamers and now with both upgrade your pads while single producing flamers and when flashbang finishes attack the brutes base and get tech 2.

Once at tech 2 get new blood and napalm. While those research get turrets, the point of the new blood (soon to be RPG marines) is to stop and banshees. A common response. Now when you have both supply elevators get a field armory and get adrenaline (ONLY get adrenaline if you have both elevators otherwise you don’t get enough money coming in and it makes it so the brute is able to come back but most the time getting adrenaline isn’t that hard). If after getting adrenaline you still have both hooks then get reserves. After reserves just get rid of the armory. Keep making infantry and you should be able to win. If he gets wraiths get RPG marines and stop making flamers and get gremlins, RPG marines, and Spartans. If he gets banshee’s cryo and RPG marines stop it easily and turrets stop him trying a counter attack, (if he keeps with the counter attack use Spartans to make him dance around it will be hard for the brute to keep track of the banshee’s enough to not get jacked. If he goes jackals he won’t have beam rifle and cant stop your flamers from destroying everything he has.

You can also go for three gunner hogs. Sp, reactor, barracks, because brutes like to just brute rush stop at three and go to his base once you have gunner and ram any brutes he makes to rush with before they go through the teleporter. While you do this get more sp’s and flashbang. Keep harassing while you can, once flashbang is done just Spam flamers, either at his rushing brutes/chieftain or just to your supply elevator. After grabbing your supply elevator you should have all your sp’s upgraded and now upgrade your base and get tech 2. get a VD and napalm. Once you have napalm just spam flamers and tanks at the brute. If he went banshee’s cryo and use Spartans to jack and get RPG marines OR just un-queue everything and get tech 3 for wolves with your tanks.

(NOTE: I may have included arby in this and I talk as if facing only brute but it really is the same except without far of vortex or a brute rush so it’s just easier)

Back to top Go down
King
Crew Member
King

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦   ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:51 pm

Anders Vs. forge (Pirth Outskirts): Pirth Outskirts is a HUGE advantage for Anders, what with a free expo and free reactors a forge simply cannot keep up.

The build for this map I ALWAYS use and is used by most players is SP, SP, build expo, warthog. I will say what each base will have and in the order it WILL be built

Main: warthog-sp-sp-sp-reactor-sp

Expo: sp-barracks-sp

Now when your extra hog is made your not doing anything but collecting crates and I can tell you right now that the forge if he is good will go reactor second or third. It’s important to know when he is doing this. To find out, when you collect one node of resources go to the side of the forges base for resources and it let’s you see when he goes for a reactor. If he goes second or third doesn’t matter he wont stop your expo but it does tell you when you need to hide your hogs. Because reactor second means 1:30=gunner and to hide hogs and not collect crates by that time where’s fourth= 2:00 minutes so you will have gunner by then.

Basically once you have a barracks up on your base build a marine and put it in the reactor to the side of the expo and use that to get gunner and make some gunners hogs when you can and once you get gunner attack his hogs and then attack his base. If he has turrets then stop making hogs and build up, upgrade your base (expo) take both reactors and get a VD, when it finishes get canister and upgrade pad’s till canister is done then pump canister tanks with gremlins (make sure to scout before you even make one tank to see if he goes hornets). Make sure to protect HIS reactor hook over your own because yours is close and easy to take back and defend at a moments notice where as your opponents isn’t. Try and make sure the forge doesn’t expand.

All I really have to say about this match-up I don’t have a lot of matches with this encounter and so I have limited experience and most of this is speculation but should still be helpful to you and give you a good idea of what you need to do to win.

Anders Vs. Cutter (Pirth Outskirts): This Match-up is REALLY even and is hard to win on both sides. There will be a lot of use of hornets by both or one side most the time along with a lot of fighting for your own hook. It wont is easy to win but it can be pulled off.

The build for this map I ALWAYS use and is used by most players is SP, SP, build expo, warthog. I will say what each base will have and in the order it WILL be built

Once your barracks is up send a marine to your reactor to the side of your base and research gunner and make hogs, only make hogs and upgrade your pads. Once you have gunner get two flamers and harass the cutters expo with your hogs and upgrade your expansion. Once the two flamers are done pelican them to the reactor of the cutters and get a VD on your expo. The cutter will try and get a VD on his main or even his expo YOU CANT STOP THIS. But it doesn’t matter. Once you have his reactor get canister and focusing lens. As soon as you get canister the cutter’s tanks should be out. Run from the expo and check his main. He will likely do a popular combo of hornet’s tanks on this map. If he does then just get gremlins and one wolves. After the wolves just get tanks gremlins and you can push and win because canister is a game changer. If he goes for Spartan tanks then you might be in trouble. In this case forget focusing lens, get a back turret (rail gun) and double pump gremlins and stun the tank every time it is about to be unstunned and use your hogs to add DPS. Some cutters may just go for heavy hornets, in this case just get hogs in place of gremlins with your tanks and you’ll be fine. Spartans are also VERY useful in your tanks and against the cutters tanks without Spartans in them. (Stun jack). On this map don’t think you need to upgrade all your pads straight away in fact most the time a lot of your pads go unupgraded the need for an army is greater most the time and you will upgrade pads very slowly.

Anders Vs. Anders (Pirth Outskirts): Anders mirrors on pirth are annoying and normally you’re either good at them or your not and just think there annoying.

Once your barracks is up it’s a good sign the other Anders is. So what most Anders does is send over two hogs to ram the marine you will send to the reactor so it doesn’t live and you have to make more marines. It is for this reason that I don’t send over two hogs. I instead choice to just keep both my hogs near my marine. If they try and ram him I ram there hog and throw a grenade at it. This kills one of their hogs and not my marine. Keep making hogs and when you grab your reactor get gunner. Keep making more hogs and when gunner is done get grenadier. Once grenadier is ready attack the Anders expo and camp the front while taking out SP. The reason is to kill gremlins coming out. If the other Anders didn’t get a lot of hogs or grenadier you can sometimes even win just by making hogs. To judge whether you can win is mostly common sense, if you think you can win with hogs then keep making hogs. Otherwise upgrade your base and get gremlins. Once the base is upgraded get hornets. Also get Spartans with your hornets and just jack his gremlins. Gremlins don’t do enough damage to stop a Spartan from jacking (important info). Also when hog harassing like this get two flamers and when the flamers are done pelican them to the other anders reactor and grab it and use it to get gauss if you have a good amount of hogs, if not get wingmen and focusing lens.

(Hornets are a unit I like to go for because gremlins are really easily killed by them and hogs come out later so just transition into tanks with canister after most the time, you can instead skip hornets and just go for tanks if your ahead or just prefer tanks)

Anders Vs. Brute (Pirth Outskirts): On this map most Anders is reluctant to expand against brute on this map because of a temple first brute rush. I personally believe it’s still better to expand; you don’t have to but if you don’t you will have to figure out what to do yourself because I have never. Not expanded Vs brute I think it’s a bad idea.

Now because of a brute rush almost ALWAYS going to happen or at least temple first and a brute when your hog finishes out of your main send both your hogs over to the brutes base and ram the first brute that comes out. Try and kill him at the brute’s base, if you cant it doesn’t matter. Once you see the brute at your base Spam flamers at him and even make gunner less hogs when you can. With the gunner less hogs ram his brutes, it forces vortex and less money for him to have. Most brute WILL kill your first barracks so most the time I will go barracks, and then another barracks so once my first dies I have another. NEVER STOP making flamers even when the brute runs away keep making flamers and make them two at a time. Once the brute runs off (after of course he vortexes a lot of flamers and hogs and runs his money into the ground) you get a field Amory on your main and get adrenaline and flashbang from the farthest barracks and single pump flamers. (You should have about 15 flamers by the time you get your reactor so head over to the brute’s base and un-queue flamers and when you reach the brutes base he wont have much. Drop a D-bomb to the side and take out his warehouse uncontested. He can’t fend off your flamers. Once flashbang is done get napalm and keep getting flamers. If he doesn’t brute rush (it will be obvious if he isn’t) then keep making hogs and get gunner then grenadier and D-bomb grenadier his base and take out blessed warehouses. If he has turrets (2-4) then instead wait till you have gauss. To get gauss just pelican two flamers to the other reactor and get it then get rid your barracks for a field armory and get gauss and reserves. (Make sure to research both at your main because your expo can die at any time. If he attacks before you have gauss think of your options. If you can fend it off easily then go for it. If your not sure or no you cant then DO NOT TRY. Let your expo die and expand where the brute’s expo normally is. Once you have gotten gauss then you can just counter attack and build back up and eventually win through use of hogs. He can’t win at that point. The point of gauss hogs is building damage so for the most part think of how to counter attack not how to defend and kill his army with your hogs.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5-Qd-PoefM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q19s3ons20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD9KyyB5Fag

Anders Vs. Arby (Pirth Outskirts): This Match-up is hard and again most leaders are reluctant to try and expand and I for one don’t believe you need to worry. I will go over what you will do if you expand if you have too much trouble then learn to single base yourself.

There are two things to have to look out for and both are VERY hard to beat, I still lose to these things (both of them) so don’t feel bad if it doesn’t work for you at first

1.) Some arby’s will just go for temple first and suicide grunt rush your base. I think this is easy to hold off, at least compared to the other strategy. Anyway Because of this when you finish your first hog from your main send it over to the arby’s base and at 50-51 seconds a grunt will come out of his base. Ram the grunt and stop it from going through while at your expo Spam flamers (make sure to keep making buildings on your expo, more buildings=more health) the arby can’t make more grunts while raging the flamers. So keep ramming grunts and making flamers and the arby will have to run. When the arby runs grab both the reactors with your left over flamers (if you only have about 6 left then make till you have about 10-12). Upgrade your base and get a VD. Most arby’s will either go for banshees or hunters after. If hunters just get napalm and regular tanks for a knockout blow (attack at about 2 tanks). If the arby goes for shee’s then just get wolves with your flamers and Spam both wolves and flamers at the arby’s base. Both attacks you throw a D-bomb.

2.) THEE hardest rush to stop is the locust rush on pirth. You can tell which one arby is doing by where he leaves, if he goes to your expo expect grunts if not expect a locust rush. To stop a locust rush there are other ways but the way I go about it is a base race. Keep making hogs and go gunner then grenadier. You normally only get to the part of grenadier till the first locust hits your base. Once you have gotten 8 or more hogs attack the arby’s main base with a D-bomb thrown (keep making hogs at both your main and expo) You almost are guaranteed to lose your expo but you will have two bases to his one along with UNSC bases being stronger so once his base is dead you will win through a base trade. If the arby has citadel then instead aim for blessed warehouses and just expand at the arby’s expo. Once most/all his buildings are dead just throw a D-bomb at the arby’s locust instead and kill the locusts. If the arby recalls easier then simply throw the D-bomb then and kill the arby then go back and kill the locust leaving arby with nothing. You can try and jack the locust with Spartans but they are easily focused down after the locust are 3 or more and most arby’s get ghosts with there locusts are just the rage upgrade and rage your Spartan so Spartans are only effective REALLY early in the rush.

Anders Vs POR (Pirth Outskirts): THEE most unbalanced match-up in the game, in all seriousness you should be ashamed to lose to a POR on pirth.

The POR has no way to stop your expo so go…

Just keep making hogs and when you get gunner attack the POR’s base, if he doesn’t have two turrets attack the back/front wherever the turret cant shoot, this forces a recall if he does then just get grenadier. Once you have Grenadier Attack the POR’s base and take out the back turret with your hogs and use this time POR has to recall to grab the POR’s reactor. Once you have his reactor get gauss and you literally win from there. Remember that any problem you can run into can easily be solved almost always by simply counter attacking.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
JumpingJet
Administrator
Administrator
JumpingJet

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦   ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 12:54 am

Wow, this is pretty awesome!

Tonight when i get home from college i will create a Megabase thread which link to all the Guids you create so these sort of things are quck and easy to find for when i hand over the reins!

Besids i still have to do some more work on this anyway!
Back to top Go down
https://ourhalowars.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦   ♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦ Empty

Back to top Go down

♦ Anders High Level 1v1 Guide ♦
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Our HaloWars.com :: The Forums :: Halo Wars Chat :: All Things Multiplayer-
Jump to: